Information We Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from our business you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. We will store your information on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected. Your credit and debit card details will not be stored.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
From time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material which may include product offers / deals and newsletters. If you are happy for us to do this please indicate to us in what forms you would like to receive this information: Mail, Email, SMS Text, Phone, No Marketing.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients/customers is important to our business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP, consultant, or healthcare professional to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as external dictation services. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. The suppliers of these services are fully compliant with GDPR.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
In the unlikely event that we may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as X Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, I, John E. Durkin am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Active Life Podiatry Ltd
133 Lillie Road